Here is an interesting experiment:
- Think of a habit that you wish you had.
- Map out 3 actions that you would take every day if you had that habit. (The 3 actions must all happen at the same time and cannot take more than 5 minutes.)
- Do those three steps for once a day, every day, for a week.
I don’t know exactly what will happen, but I hypothesize that by the end of the week you will be a lot closer to making this habit a part of your life than if you just tried to ‘will-power’ your way into it.
Here’s my experiment.
- The habit I wish I had: Identifying potential prospects every day.
- 3 Actions:
- Search in a structured way
- Enter prospects into a database
- Find real connection information for each qualified prospect.
Three possible things can happen this week:
- My experiment will get lost in the noise, and I won’t have any result.
- The experiment won’t change my behaviour or habits at all.
- My behaviour/habits will change in some way.
Let’s find out what happens.