Repetition is the key to excellent customer service. Your ability to consistently repeat the same level of service, or quality of products, is the reason that people keep returning to you.
When people come to you for help, they need to have a problem solved. Solving their problem consistently every time you connect with them will make people come back to you over and over again.
People will return because:
- They know what to expect from the transaction.
- They know precisely what you have to offer, and whether they think that you can solve their problem.
- They have confidence that you will deliver in the same way that you have every other time previously.
I have written before about the two most important pillars that you can offer: safety and significance.
Consistency creates a safe place for people – because they won’t be negatively surprised or disappointed by the results. Consistency also creates a place where people recognize they are significant – because everyone receives the same treatment and is respected in the same way.
Some examples of consistency in companies:
- Apple – Delivering beautifully designed products that enhance your individuality.
- McDonald’s – Affordable meals, served with the same menu, in the same way anywhere you go.
- Ikea – Stylish furniture that is not expensive, but you’ll have to assemble it yourself.