By Committee Benefits:
- You think through issues from all the possible perspectives
- You have a collective responsibility for the success of the work
- As an average, you might be smarter than each of you on your own
- You can leverage personal networks, individual strengths, and broad history of experience
- There is greater strength in numbers.
Moving Fast Benefits:
- You can try multiple solutions to a problem in a short time
- You can pivot quickly
- All your energy is focused on listening to, and communicating with, the stakeholders receiving the project result
- You can respond to feedback immediately.
Is managing a project by committee or individually better? It depends on the project.
Most of the time, you are best off if you can have a committee that is willing to move fast. A fast-moving committee is rare, but it where you are going to find your greatest project success.