Measurement and Action
- Quantify the level of pain.
- Determine the best tool to reduce the pain.
- Reduce the pain. Measure how things are better.
- In our (fictional) organization: 9 out of 10 projects that we deliver are late. (Be sure that this is true – start to measure.)
- You can choose:
- Project Management personnel
- Better planning
- Fewer projects
- Double every expected project schedule
- If you chose: Project Management Personel. They now take responsibility for all of the project planning and task coordination. After a set time, ask yourself: are there more projects delivered on time?
- Repeat: find the next pain-point and start measuring again.
Measure, act, measure improvement, repeat.