Think of the type of person that you want to be around most.
I can tell you a few things about that person:
- They are excited to see you.
- They listen to what you have to say, and then even remember it in future conversations.
- They are kind to you.
- They are helpful to you.
- They want to see you grow. Which means they sometimes will challenge you to be different and better.
Be Sought After
If you want to be the person that other people want to work with them on their next project:
- Be excited to see them.
- Listen to what they have to say. Remember it, and include it in future conversations.
- Be kind.
- Be helpful.
- Make it easy for people to grow.
Don’t bother faking any of it. You reap what you sow. If you aren’t genuine in all of the steps, you will have no long-term forward movement. Your short-term gains will evaporate like dew in the August sunshine.
Here is the paradox. The people who look for most aren’t seeking to have other people interested in them. They are looking around and seeing who they can be interested in and how they can help.
Look around and find out who is interesting (answer: everyone) and find out how you can help (answer: ask someone.)