Module 1 – Defining and Choosing Your Project
- What is a project?
- Project selection and prioritization. (Introduction of 2 Tools)
Module 2 – Starting Your Project
- Project Initiation
- Discovering and Engaging Stakeholders
- Project Goals and Vision
- Your Project Charter
- Project Planning (WBS, Schedule, Resources, Critical Path)
Module 3 – Some Other Considerations
- Build the right thing (Business Analysis and Requirements Gathering)
- Communication Plans and Stakeholder Engagement
- Risk Planning and Management
Lunch – Round Table Discussion
- Discussions and peer support for project problems, challenges, and opportunities. Learn from the group and share your stories.
Module 4 – Getting the Work Done
- Monitoring and Controlling Your Work
- Tracking Your Project Progress
- Project Math (Earned Value, Cost and Schedule Performance Index, % Completion)
Module 5 – Project Closing
- Achieving the Vision – When is your project successful
- Sunk Cost vs Almost Successful – How to determine which is which
- Adoption, Resistance, Leadership, and Communication
- Lessons Learned and History Repeating
Module 6 – After the Project
- Hand-Off and Maintenance of the Solution
- Continuous Improvement – Project vs Process
- Evaluating Project Impact in the Long-Term
- Identifying Opportunities – Catalogues, Budgets, and Business Cases
I would love to offer this workshop for leaders from within non-profit organizations. We can all learn together about how we can finish our projects well.
Will you join me on October 18? (2019) Drop me an email at email@example.com. Early birds get to help choose the case study, lunch and contribute topics for the lunch-time problems and opportunity conversation.